Dogs are called “man’s best friend” for a reason. They are our loyal companions and they love us unconditionally. They will forgive us anything and yet they ask for so little in return. As a reward for their devotion, most people only think to give their pooch tasty treats. But like people, dogs love to receive gifts too! Think about how your dog reacts during Christmas morning. My pooch loves to romp through the torn gift wrapping and is so excited he can hardly contain himself! So if your pooch has a birthday coming up or you’re thinking of doing your Christmas shopping early, the gift ideas below will help you decide on the perfect gift for your dog or the dog lover in your life.
1. All Natural Gourmet Dog Treats: Not only do specialty treats make a great gift, but they are also delicious and healthy. Many online designer dog boutiques sell gourmet dog treats that are already packaged beautifully in gift boxes or gift bags. Or, buy the gourmet treats separately and package them yourself. Don’t buy these too early as some may spoil.
2. Dog Shampoo Gift Sets: We all want our pooch looking and smelling their best. You’ll be able to find shampoo gift sets that are already packaged as gifts. Or you can put together your own grooming gift basket. You can include things like organic dog shampoo and conditioner, dog brush, dog cologne or spritz. The dog lover in your life will really appreciate this gift!
3. Designer Dog Collar and Leash: Shop online at a designer dog boutique for designer dog collars and leashes. Find a collar that is unique and special. For Christmas, think about buying a dog collar and leash that is specific for the holiday. There are some beautiful Christmas collars out there that make great gifts. Just pop them in a gift bag with some tissue paper and your all set!
4. Designer Dog Bed: Forget the cheap dog beds that only last a few months. As a gift, your pooch deserves the best in comfort and design. Think beautiful fabrics and ultimate comfort as well as durability. Again, designer dog boutiques are the way to go if you decide on a bed as a gift for your dog or doggy friends.
5. Dog Toys: Many boutiques sell dog toys that are packaged already as gift sets. If there is a special toy that your pooch absolutely loves, get more than one. You can also buy a few toys and put them together in a gift bag. Better yet, wrap each one individually so your pooch has more gifts to open!
6. Monogrammed Dog Clothes: You can buy dog tee shirts that are personalized with your dog’s name or initials. Or, buy a dog tee shirt that has a funny saying that reflects your pooch’s personality. You’ll find both of these at designer dog boutiques.
7. Dog Gift Basket: This is the ultimate dog gift! Choose a beautiful basket and fill it with any or all of the above dog products. Wrap it with paper and tie with a pretty ribbon. For Christmas, fill a stocking with all of your dog’s favorite things and hang it with your kids’ stockings.
No matter what you decide on for a dog gift, make sure that you make it look like a gift. If it doesn’t come pre-packaged in a gift box or bag, make sure to invest in some wrapping paper or a gift bag or basket. We wouldn’t give a friend a gift that isn’t wrapped or boxed; we shouldn’t do any different for our beloved dog or doggy friends. You can spend as much or as little as you like on your dog gift. The important thing is to put some thought into the gift and to make it special or unique…just like your pooch!